Check out what songs give Jay that extra motivation when he needs it the most
Jay's List: Episode 35: Top Five Things You Should Hear
1. EATEN BACK TO LIFE - "Tall Man" - Split In Two
2. THE STEVE ADAMYK BAND - "Not For Long" - S/T
3. GIANT EAGLES - "In the Backseat" - Giant Egos
4. PROTON PACKS - "This Plan Cannot Fail" - Conspiracy '66
5. DEECRACKS - "Standing on my Head" - Sonic Delusions
Jay is in with not one but two lists for Episode 47. One for a regular party and one for a party in his hometown of Olds. In his words
I couldn’t submit a personal list with out accompanying it with a list from the birthplace of partying......Olds. If you are ever at a party there (and not getting sprayed by a fire extinguisher) and “playing with the boys” comes on......beer will start magically spraying everywhere!
GOOD TALK RUSS
Honorable mentions : Iron Chic, Mean Jeans and Johnny Unite Us
Old Man Markley - Beyond The Moon
Nerf Header - Dr. Who
The Hextalls - I love Michael J. Fox
The Ataris - My So Called Life
Screeching Weasel - Joanie Loves Johnny
1. “Monday Morning Ant Brigade” - THE BOUNCING SOULS
2. “We’re Only Gonna Die” - BAD RELIGION
3. “Lost and Found” - LIMP
4. “Thursday Night” - CHIXDIGGIT!
5. “Resignation” - FACE TO FACE
I don't have time for a long run down, but here is my list.
Every good road trip needs a trucker at the wheel, and truckers run off country music. Like you mentioned on the episode, you also need songs everyone can sing, and me first is a perfect "meet in the middle" for us punk folk when we travel with regular people.
Every good road trip needs some good ramones core. Might as well play one of the best doing it.
Like I said, you need truck'n music for any long haul road trips, that's how we felt in Olds anyway. His two solo albums are pure gold.
Not sure I have ever used this band on a list, but I love this song. It always makes me think about driving. Give it a listen if you haven't played it in a while.
God damn, I know this one is too easy but I don't give a shit. His greatest hits album is the ALL TIME greatest must play road trip sound track. It's long and amazing. I think I purposely save this album for long trips, had to use it here!
Till next time!
Jay's List: Episode 37: Top Five Fuck You's
1 "Ouch, My Childhood" - THE HEXTALLS
2. "Fuck the Border" - PROPAGANDHI
3. "Fuck Police Brutality" - ANTI - FLAG
4. "Fuck You" - DOWNWAY
5. "Stolen Gear" - TIM
Jay's List: Episode 36: Top Five Asian Man Records Releases
1. SLAPSTICK - Lookit! - "Cheat to Win"
2. SCREECHING WEASEL - Kill The Musicians - "Punk House"
3. THE QUEERS - Move Back Home - "She's a Cretin"
4. BEN WEASEL - These Ones Are Bitter - "Let Freedom Ring"
5. RIVERDALES - Invasion USA - "King Dinosaur"
Jay's List: Episode 34: Top Five Bands with a Female Vocalist
1. DOLLY PARTON - "Islands in the Stream"
2. BRENDA CARLISLE - "Vacation"
3. STEVIE NICKS - "Gypsy"
4. WHITNEY HOUSTON - "I Want to Dance with Somebody"
5. PAT BENATAR - "Love is a Battlefield"
Jay's List: Episode 33: Top Five Albums You Discovered in 2017 that Weren't Released in 2017
1. Stallone - DAGGERMOUTH - "A Merkin in the Streets"
2. Gamma Gamma Ray! - THE CREEPS - "In the Graveyard"
3. Cuban Ballerina - DEAD TO ME - "By the Throat"
4. Smoko at the Pet Food Factory - FRENZAL RHOMB - "Cockroach Light Switch"
5. S/T - THE STEVE ADAMYK BAND - "I Fought for the USA"
Jay's List: Episode 31: Top Five Songs you Associate with a Story
1. "American Slang" - THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM
2. "Joanie Loves Johnny" - SCREECHING WEASEL
3. "Blind" - FACE TO FACE
4. "Crawl" - ALKALINE TRIO
5. "I Turned into a Martian" - THE MISFITS
Jay's List: Episode 30: Top Five Songs About Another Band
1. "Get Off My Back" - SCREECHING WEASEL
2. "Nothing Else Matters" - TEENAGE BOTTLEROCKET
3. "Tour Thousand and One: A Rock Odyssey" - THE JOHNSON'S
4. "Ben Weasel" - THE QUEERS
5. "Fuck the Real McKenzies" - THE REAL MCKENZIES
1. SCREECHING WEASEL - "Get Off My Back" -
2. TEENAGE BOTTLEROCKET-"Nothing Else Matters" -
3. THE JOHNSON'S-"Tour Thousand and One: A Rock Odyssey" -
4. THE QUEERS-"Ben Weasel" -
5. THE REAL MCKENZIES- "Fuck the Real McKenzies" -